This recipe is one that makes an appearance on our meal plan very frequently. It’s easy, quick, and delicious- my kind of recipe.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Prep: 10 mins
Total time: 27 minutes
– 2.5 lbs red potatoes
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 3 cloves of garlic (optional- if you don’t like garlic you can omit)
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/2 cup butter
– 8 oz cream cheese
1. Place the red potatoes, garlic, broth, salt and pepper into the pot.
2. Close the lid and set to sealing, then cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. (Add an extra minute of you prefer your potatoes creamy.) When done, quick release the pressure.
3. Open the lid and add butter and cream cheese, then close the lid again. Do not cook, just melt the butter and cream cheese. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and mash the potatoes to your preferred consistency.
5. Serve warm. Enjoy!
—Adding an extra of 1/4 cup of broth adds some extra creaminess if you prefer that. I also cut my potatoes in half to make the mashing process easier.
– This recipe can be doubled for big events or holidays. Double all ingredients, minus the broth- I would add 3/4 cup.
– Leftovers will keep for a week in the refrigerator, or for up to 3 months in the freezer.